Saturday, October 03, 2009

autumn thoughts


one of my favorite things to do when Jason is taking his nap, is get on my sports bra, step into my running shoes, and head out into the gorgeous countryside. especially now that it's autumn. nothing could be more perfect for an afternoon jog with the bright colors on every tree and the crisp, fresh air that is just perfect for breathing in and filling refreshed. it's like a little getaway from my every day chores, a little alone time to have all to myself and have just those few 15-20 minutes to think everything and anything without being disturbed. at the end I feel really good. I've thought everything I could think of, I've had my alone time, I've taken in gorgeous scenery, and the whole while getting a good little exercise. I love it. it's amazing how God designed his gorgeous creation. how it just naturally makes you feel peace, happiness, and refreshed. how you end up, without even thinking, thanking him and praising him for every single gorgeous flower that you pass by..or those bright red and orange leaves that make that crunchy little sound under your shoes. isn't he totally the coolest guy?? he really is. I'm gunna miss my autumn runs. soon winter will be here and it'll be trudging through 5 feet of snow. which, in a weird way, could turn into a thought/workout time for me.....?

No comments: