Tuesday, September 22, 2009

today's thoughts...

I don't know whether it's just me being totally and completely sentimental, or me just being a typical mom, when I say that Jason's birthday is one of the biggest things I've prepared for in my life. yes, I did say one of, not thee biggest. anyhow, it's day after tomorrow and I can't seem to get my mind off of what I'm gunna do and how and where and when...what to buy, what to bake..how to decorate his cake, what movie would be the best for his first ever cartoon movie,blah blah. we're even inviting some neighborhood friends over to play. you know what I mean?? you just wanna make it the most special day EVER of his life. something he'll ALWAYS remember. well okay, hardly will he be looking back on his first ever birthday and say to himself, "wow...I had so much fun" much less, "I remember!" if so, then that'd be something new. so many people tell me that I'm making something way too big for someone so tiny. that he won't even care, much less notice all my hard work and planning. but I really could care less whether my son sleeps all day or digs into his cake up to his toes!! I think first birthday's are the most special birthday ever. and should be the ones that are the most expensive and hard planned.
call me weird??...
well, I'm proud of you if you even got this far of my post, it was just some random thoughts I thought I would put here on my little blog..




is it too much to make your 12 month old a pancake breakfast with fruits and yogurt?!
kee hee...

1 comment:

lilia said...

LOL pancake breakfast for a 1 year old...Jason is so lucky to have such a caring mom!
But yeah when did anyone remember their 1st birthday?? And remembering based on pictures doesn't count!
I think I only distinct fully remember my 7th...but having said that, you don't show acts of love only because they remember them for the rest of their life right? It's the little things every day that makes him feel loved all the time! You're doing a great job..just don't make other moms look bad eh? LOL