Tuesday, July 21, 2009

japanese craving # 2


taaatatadaaan.....

it's that little white case that holds the magical sticky, brown, fermented beans!! Most gaijins will pinch their noses and wave their hands to it, but not this halfy!! and how much I am missing it and craving it on hot white Japanese rice!! (yes, you read the JAPANESE part right. nothing beats Japanese gohan!) I don't even know why I am craving it, or posting my bean-desiering thoughts. but I guess everyone who's loved a good natto-gohan meal will nod with me in agreement. I mean...the simple little things you Japanese get every day, are precious to us!! you know...I would ask mika to send me a package of it, but then I don't know if I'm that desperate. although i don't think there would be a problem with it rotting. HA! isn't that what natto is all about?!><>!




















on another thought, I might as well post some things I miss about Japan...


the crowded trains. well, I don't miss it. but..you know;)
the drink machines, EVERYWHERE!! ever since coming to Canada, I haven't seen more than two drink machines together. unlike that Japanese who put up like, ten in one row. gee... and the keitais. you never see people using their keitais as much as the Japanese...
and last, for tonight, the money. I still haven't gotten used to Canadian money just yet. there's so much of it, that when they say something like, "two dollars and forty-two cents." I'm like...umm well I don't know exactly which ones to give so I'll just give you three dollars! what is that?! sheesh, I need to learn...

7 comments:

Elena said...

hahaha at LEAST Japan has CHEAP trains. but I definitely do NOT miss the tons of ppl, esp the old men who fall asleep on you standing up. GROSS! hahah! I think Mika especially knows..........right?
lol oh and I always took nato for granted, I'm hungry. Cha stop posting Japanese FOOD! my tummy can't take it.

Lil said...

haha good one. Natto of all things eh? lol, I miss natto too! Though japanese rice you can usually find in like those asian supermarkets, along with alot of other goodies like soba/tsuyu etc..When you find a japanese/asian supermarket it's like discovering gold!!

I don't think the quarantine dudes would let natto in cross border ;)
So even if you had someone send it I don't think it will make it. those darn quarantines! If it weren't for them I'd have my mom send me the entire supermarket :)

Chacha said...

yeah, most likely they wouldn't let it. lol.
there are those few little stores here but they are really expensive. so my mom bought a little bit of Japanese rice and she keeps it stored away for a special occasion. haha.

Jesse said...

I personally think that Japanese looking at their Keitai's is a bit too much. Just a bit. I wish I was in a country where you could talk to someone on the train relaxed about the day or the economy.

Japanese aren't people you could exactly call relaxed.

But on a good note, they are VERY hard workers. That is something to commend them for.

Chacha said...

of course, I know what you mean! it is way too much for the likes of me as well. I just meant that I miss it in the way where you see it everywhere in Japan, so common, and then you come here to Canada and it's like...keitais? where? haha.
and yes, Japanese people are very hard workers. and when you come to Canada, you realize how different the work force is. I really admire Japanese for that.

Nina said...

yup, only found in Japan!

Mimi d said...

I MISS NATO TOO! Yes I do.