Monday, May 11, 2009

My Favorite Girl, Mommy





so many years have gone by, so many Mother's Day post and cards and poems, and they all say the same things. I wish I could somehow be a bit more original in expressing my love and appreciation for you, but seems as though no matter how hard I try, I just can't.
I would apologize, but then maybe the reason for my unoriginality could be because I think you're the most amazing role model in my life? because you're the perfect sample of motherhood. Because the way you give of yourself and your love, time and hours 24/7, 365 days each year of your life amazes me. how it never runs out. how you're always so understanding and patient? because you're all those things, I just can't seem to find the right words to express you or my thankfulness for you!! and I don't think I ever will be able to.
so in simple words, I say thank you! thank you for bringing me into this life and for putting up with all my problems from the terrible two's through my teen rebellions and first boyfriend in the family complications. you were with me through it all and you helped me through. and here you are, still strong and still helping me. I still need you now, Mom, and I will still need you tomorrow and the next and the next. I'll always need you as my mother, as my friend, and as my guide. thanks for raising more than the normal "3 kids" family, and for being so super at it all! I love you, forever!! Happy Mother's Day, to my most loved mommy!!

1 comment:

Mika said...

ur standing behind our car!! ahahahaha miss you people!