Thursday, March 08, 2007

A Special Day For Meeeee


March eighth, right now my most favorite date of the year. Why?
Ahem.
Four years ago someone really special walked into my life and asked me to be a part of his. Since then, till now, we have shared each other’s lives together. Learning, growing, falling, crying, laughing, sleeping, talking, living…breathing…
The list goes on.
To me, this one day in all the 365 days of the year, means so much to me. It reminds me of why I am with him, and of this love that I have been blessed with so many years ago, to today. It’s a celebration of another year together. Another road walked together, another mountain climbed…and another door being opened. Now, God knows what’s on the other side of the door that marks going in to the fifth year, but all I know is that this last year has been an amazing one. All of the four years have. Four of my best years! So far. ;)
I’m not perfect, in fact, I’m far from it. Far from being the perfect girlfriend, far from being anything BUT his dream girl…I make mistakes. I make many of them, and it hurts me every time I hurt him. I know he tries so hard to be the best for me, and he does SUCH a good job at it. His love, his care, his patience, his understanding and strength reaches waaaay beyond what runs inside me. And it makes me feel so small when standing next to him. Makes me wonder why such a beautiful, wonderful human being like him could ever walk four years with me…much less even one! I don’t know if I’ll ever be good enough for this wonderful person, but whatever is going on, someone above sees it in His heart to bless me with this relationship and love. He blessed me with such a wonderful gift in my life, and still He blesses me with Joe’s love and care. I will never understand it all, but I don’t think I need to; maybe I don’t want to…
So often I tell Joe that he wasn’t meant for me. That God had wrapped him up ever so nicely and sent him to be a gift to another person, but somehow the address had gotten mixed up and the package ended up on my front step, the next minute, in my arms. If that’s so, and if there still is someone out there who is the “rightful” owner to this beautiful man of mine, I’ll pretend I don’t care. Maybe I am not meant for this gift, but for four years he has been a blessing in my life, and still he continues to be. So as long as this relationship keeps on, I’ll just smile with pride and honor to be the one to call him mine. Whether I deserve him or not. Whether I am meant for him or not. This is our love that God has blessed me with, I don’t care whether I am wrong or right, I will forever be grateful to the Lord, and thank Him for the rest of my life.
We have hard times, it’s not always an easy thing…being in a relationship. Once upon a time I thought that relationships were like those stories inside of princess fairytales and romance novels. But I learned it’s not even close.
It’s better.
The hard times are like gems to me. The good times are like billions of gems.
God is so good to me, I owe Him one.

Baby? I know I make you cry, upset, angry, frustrated, sad and so much more. I’m far from perfect. I am so sorry for the times I have let you down. I just want you to know that these fours years have been the most amazing ones of my life so far, and all I wanna do is spend the many more ahead of me, with you. This year, let me try, with the Lord’s help, to be a better person. I wanna show you how much you and your love mean to me. I really care for you.
You are my blessing, my pride. I’m honored to be your girl and say “Joey loves ME!!!”. It always makes me feel so good, because to be loved by you is like to be the king of the world, the universe and everything in it and beyond!
Let’s grow together in the Lord…
I love you so much!

After four years, you’re still the one baby.

Happy Anniversary!



and to all you wonderful people out there who have sagnificant others beside you, I salute you, because I think commitment is something to be proud of.
GB! and have a happy day


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Joey. I just saw you dancing on the "Numa Numa Yai" song. In ever new you could dance that well. Have a good day.

Mika said...

yeah squishy, mushy gushy, "baby your mine forever" gives me the creeps! ahahahah! Cha and Joe, you know I love you. It was great hanging out with you guys the other day, for your "anniversary date" woowoo, sorry for coming along, I didn't know! ahahahah! have a good one, and cha if you decide to break up with Joe, thats fine with me too! ahahahahahahahahahha J/k!! Don't be mad Joe! the great thing about Joe is, when I say those kinna comments he laughs with me, if its anyone else he kicks their ass! so yeah I guess thats why I think your a good guy! ahaha
p.s I think it was really great of you to share your "yummy" chocolates with me! ahahahha! ok sorry I'm stopping!

Chacha said...

aaaahahahahaaha those chocos were SO goooood..mmmm! *licks lips*
ahaha sorry babe..
it was fun miks, and no it wasn't really like our..DATE..just a time to hang out with my hottie pie and best friend!;)

maiki..COURSE he's a good dancer...ahem..he's..joe!..
hahaha..

Chacha said...

oooh! and Baby I love you tooo!! and be quiet, this is a free...country...? I can say whatever I want!!:)

I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! one million hugs and many more kisses!!!! muwa muwa muwa!!!!!!!
extra slober since mika likes mushy gushy stuff!! (wink)

Chacha said...

yum yum! I just LOOVE slobbery gushyness...
NYAHAHAHA...

Anonymous said...

Ok shut up you guys! I get your point. just do it when I'm not around...thanks!