Monday, September 20, 2010

birthday cake rambles and more nonsens to fill your head!! chaching!

I'm super confused right now because as much as I like to admit I can bake...
my decorating and creativity suck when it comes to getting into detail. I'm making him a train cake but what kind and how is driving me maaad!!
any ideas. gimme gimme!

 there's the whole play set up cake idea...


 oor the little train and it's carts....


or a good ol' cake with easy and simple decorations that anyone could pull off!!
hah...


i'm all crazy for his birthday to be a success because he's been anticipating it for sooo long now! all those birthday's he's seen but told "it's not your cake hunny." etc,. has got him really riled up to know that "really really soon, it's going to be Jason's birthday!" now all he talks about is "my birthday train!" so holy cow am I one scrambling mommy on the run! his theme will be trains and cars. since I don't think his car spirit is knocked out of him juuuust yet.
but ever since I borrowed a train set with the whole train mat, and everything. he's been playing with that, and only that. from morning to night! its insane. so I knw what we're getting for his gift..lol
he's such a big boy. the things he does, the things he says. he'll sing all his favorite songs. like "old macdonald" "wheels on the bus" "twinkle little star" "hokey pokey" "abc" and more
it's sooo cute. the other day he fell asleep singing to himself. AW my heart!! my HEART!!
ok will end here!!
ooh and just to squeeze in..
my grandpa's birthday was a HUGE success and was so much fun! congrats Gramps for making it to the big 80!
after the birthday party all us cousins and even the awesome uncle and aunt stayed up till about 3 in the morning just drinking and being total goofs!! they even went fishing at the bridge at 2 in the morning! what weirdos..
but how I love em!!
good times and definitely good time to hit the sack!
bunches of cuddles...
muwaaaaahaaa~haa!

3 comments:

lil said...

I like the train and carts, looks yum! but honestly do what's easiest, I'm sure you can even just chuck a train candle on the top and he'd love it lol. Soo sweet...MY HEART! singing himself to sleep!!! that is jut adorable. Hope to catch him on skype soon, and he can see his ltitle cousin again, tthese she's more alert.

What did you end up baking for your gramps? Looking forward to pics of the big boy!

Megumi Hirasawa said...

Being that I can't decorate a cake for beans, I'd probably go with the easiest.
Bottom line is.....Jason will be happy with just about anything. Even if it wasn't a train cake, he'd be happy to have a cake dedicated to him, so don't stress too much about it.
I can't believe he's already turning 2!

Anonymous said...

Good point, though sometimes it's hard to arrive to definite conclusions